Agreement Making II is a three day program exploring the strategic management of agreement negotiations and understanding and managing contextual factors for better leverage. Drawing on the specialist expertise of a diverse range of presenters and guest speakers, the program particularly focuses on ensuring that agreements can be successfully implemented.
Past program topics have included:
- Managing agreement making: a strategic approach for sustainable agreements
- Preparation review: client interests, processes and resourcing
- TO negotiator perspectives (different TOs each program)
- Government and company perspectives
- Understanding the project and how to source relevant information
- Beyond the NTA: finding leverage in other legs and regs
- Politics, PR and media management
- Assessing the position(s) of the other side(s) and finding potential leverage
- Managing the negotiations
- Managing relationships during negotiations and for the long-term
- Evaluating agreement provisions and closing the deal
- After the agreement is signed: handing over to the native title group for implementation
Participants receive a program binder and disk containing materials to accompany each session, including summaries of significant cases referenced during the program.