Expectations/obligations of interns
Prior to departure, interns are briefed by telephone/Skype on expectations and appropriate protocol to observe while on an internship. The briefing will advise and encourage interns to:
- embrace the unique focus of the Program – internships are much more about the host than about the intern
- feel privileged to be given the opportunity
- assist the over-worked and under-resourced host organisation
- be flexible and open-minded about the tasks to be undertaken and level of supervision
- try to fit into your host organisation seamlessly and have a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- be professional at all times as an ambassador of the Program.
To fulfill your obligations while you are an Aurora intern, you need to:
- Comply with the Intern Obligations and Code of conduct and professional ethics for interns
- Provide weekly written emails to the Placements team on the progress of the internship
- Continue your internship to the agreed end date
- Complete an online overview questionnaire at the completion of the internship
- Write and organise the publication of a promotional article about your experience
- Promote the Program at your university – graduates are exempt.