Expectations/obligations of interns
Prior to departure, interns are briefed on expectations and appropriate protocol to observe while on an internship. The briefing will advise and encourage interns to:
- embrace the unique focus of the Program – internships are much more about the host than about the intern
- feel privileged to be given the opportunity
- assist the over-worked and under-resourced host organisation
- be flexible and open-minded about the tasks to be undertaken and level of supervision
- try to fit into your host organisation seamlessly and have a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- be professional at all times as an ambassador of the Program.
To fulfill your obligations while you are an Aurora intern, you need to:
- Comply with the Intern Obligations and Code of conduct and professional ethics for interns
- Provide weekly written emails to the Placements team on the progress of the internship
Continue your internship to the agreed end date
Complete an online overview questionnaire at the completion of the internship
Write and organise the publication of a promotional article about your experience
- Promote the Program at your university – graduates are exempt.