Internship Program - making a difference
- Over 7,400 applications received.
- Over 2,900 internships arranged have provided over 545,000 hours of additional capacity
- Over 200 Aurora Hosts working in the Indigenous sector, including 112(55%) Indigenous organisations
- Approx. $13 million of cost savings and productivity gains.
- 676 internship alumni (27%) employed in the sector since inception
Of our 215 Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander interns placed to date in 242 internships;
44 (20%) Indigenous alumni have undertaken paid roles in the Indigenous sector.
157 Indigenous funded internships arranged since the provision of Commonwealth scholarship funded internships
- All of these alumni noted that their decision to work in the sector was greatly influenced by their Aurora internship.
Placement of Indigenous students is a high priority – 90% of Indigenous applicants are selected for placement, compared to 46% of non-Indigenous applicants.
- 8 alumni have been awarded Rhodes scholarships