Internship Program - making a difference
- Over 6,400 applications received.
- Over 2,600 internships arranged have provided over 490,000 hours of additional capacity
- Over 175 Aurora Hosts working in the Indigenous sector, including 94(53%) Indigenous organisations
- Approx. $16 million of cost savings and productivity gains.
- 630 internship alumni (26%) employed in the sector since inception.
Of our 162 Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander interns placed to date, 31(19%) have undertaken paid roles in the Indigenous sector.
85 internships arranged for Indigenous funded participants since the provision of Commonwealth scholarship funded internships
- All of these alumni noted that their decision to work in the sector was greatly influenced by their Aurora internship.
Placement of Indigenous students is a high priority – 90% of Indigenous applicants are selected for placement, compared to 46% of non-Indigenous applicants.
- 8 alumni have been awarded Rhodes scholarships