Programs for Indigenous students and graduates
The vision of Aurora under the Aurora Education Foundation (AEF) is to transform the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians through education, one life at a time, growing the numbers of Indigenous leaders, mentors and academic role models. We provide interconnected education programs, products and services that challenge low expectations, build aspirations and support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians to realise their academic potential. We work to change the current narrative of Indigenous education, so that outstanding achievement is seen as the norm rather than the exception.
Aurora's Programs include:
- The Aspiration Initiative (TAI) - our High School Program, The Aspiration Initiative, provides intensive academic support over a 6 year period to Indigenous high school students and builds their confidence, resilience and aspirations.
- The Indigenous Scholarships Portal - is an innovative technology solution that simplifies the process of applying for scholarships to allow amore Indigenous students to access financial support and complete their degrees.
- The Aurora Internship Program offering Scholarships to Indigenous interns - facilitates funded internships for Indigenous university students and graduates at Indigenous-sector organisations, and builds vital career exposure and pathways.
- The Indigenous Scholars International Study Tour - takes high-performing Indigenous students and graduates to visit some of the world's leading universities in the UK and US, fostering their aspirations and capacity to apply for postgraduate studies to these institutions.
- International Postgraduate Scholarships - program supports talented Indigenous scholars to aspire to, apply for and successfully complete postgraduate studies at world-leading universities. Scholarships are awarded through the Charlie Perkins Scholarship Trust and the Roberta Sykes Indigenous Education Foundation and delivered by Aurora.
- Academic Outreach Program - connects outstanding Indigenous scholars from Aurora's network with high school students in schools and communities.