About applying for an internship
To apply for an internship you need:
- a solid academic record
- an interest in the area of native title and/or the broader Indigenous sector
- a strong sense of cultural awareness
- good interpersonal and communication skills.
Applications are accepted in more than one stream. If you want to apply for more than one stream you will need to specify ‘anthropology’, ‘legal’ or ‘social science’ in your cover letter.
The whole process:
- Prepare application to submit on-line
- Applications are reviewed & candidates are shortlisted for interview
- Interviews take place throughout Australia (in person or via Skype)
- Successful applicants will become 'Eligible' to be placed
- Matching process - according to Host needs and your background
- Confirmation of internship placement and intern obligations/expectations
- Monitor your progress during and after placement
- Evaluation feedback on your time on placement.
What are your chances of being successful?
- This is a competitive program attracting high calibre passionate candidates each round.
- We receive around 350 applications each round.
- We rely on the demand from the various Host organisations each round to determine the number of placements.
- We arrange approximately 120 to 150 placements per round.
- Applicants who unsuccessful are encouraged reapply.