Internship Program - making a difference
- Over 6,400 applications received.
- Over 2,700 internships arranged have provided over 524,000 hours of additional capacity
- Over 185 Aurora Hosts working in the Indigenous sector, including 101(54%) Indigenous organisations
- Approx. $16 million of cost savings and productivity gains.
- 631 internship alumni (27%) employed in the sector since inception.
Of our 162 Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander interns placed to date, 32 (20%) have undertaken paid roles in the Indigenous sector.
125 internships arranged for Indigenous funded participants since the provision of Commonwealth scholarship funded internships
- All of these alumni noted that their decision to work in the sector was greatly influenced by their Aurora internship.
Placement of Indigenous students is a high priority – 90% of Indigenous applicants are selected for placement, compared to 46% of non-Indigenous applicants.
- 8 alumni have been awarded Rhodes scholarships