Internship Program - making a difference
- Around 7,000 applicants (including 444 Indigenous)
- Over 3,300 internships arranged have provided over 630,000 hours of additional capacity
- Over 200 Aurora Hosts working in the Indigenous sector, including 117(54%) Indigenous organisations
- Approx. $13 million of cost savings and productivity gains.
- 881 internship alumni (35%) employed in the sector since inception
262 Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander interns placed to date
73 (28%) Indigenous alumni have undertaken paid roles in the Indigenous sector.
205 Indigenous funded interns placed since the provision of Commonwealth scholarship funded internships
- All of these alumni noted that their decision to work in the sector was greatly influenced by their Aurora internship.
Placement of Indigenous students is a high priority – 90% of Indigenous applicants are selected for placement, compared to 46% of non-Indigenous applicants.
- 8 alumni have been awarded Rhodes scholarships; 2 alumni have been awarded the Monash Scholarship.