Internship Program - making a difference
- Over 6,400 applications received.
- Over 2,400 internships arranged have provided over 450,000 hours of additional capacity
- Over 170 Aurora Hosts working in the Indigenous sector, including 89 Indigenous organisations
- Approx. $16 million of cost savings and productivity gains.
- 607 internship alumni (27%) employed in the sector since inception.
Of our 161 Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander interns placed to date, 28 have undertaken paid roles in the Indigenous sector.
- All of these alumni noted that their decision to work in the sector was greatly influenced by their Aurora internship.
45 internships arranged for Indigenous funded participants since the provision of Commonwealth scholarship funded internships
Placement of Indigenous students is a high priority – 90% of Indigenous applicants are selected for placement, compared to 46% of non-Indigenous applicants.
- 8 alumni have been awarded Rhodes scholarships