Internship Program - making a difference
- Around 7,800 applicants (including 530 Indigenous)
- Over 3,100 internships arranged have provided over 630,000 hours of additional capacity
- Over 200 Aurora Hosts working in the Indigenous sector, including 107 (52%) Indigenous organisations
- Approx. $13 million of cost savings and productivity gains.
- 823 internship alumni (30%) employed in the sector since inception
278 Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander interns placed to date
75 (30%) Indigenous alumni have undertaken paid roles in the Indigenous sector.
221 Indigenous funded interns placed since the provision of Commonwealth scholarship funded internships; 44 of them have gone on to gain employment
- All of these alumni noted that their decision to work in the sector was greatly influenced by their Aurora internship.
Placement of Indigenous students is a high priority – 90% of Indigenous applicants are selected for placement, compared to 46% of non-Indigenous applicants.
- 10 alumni (including 1 Indigenous) have been awarded Rhodes scholarships; 2 alumni have been awarded the Monash Scholarship.